High School --> Western Undergraduate Exchange

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

The Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE) is a program under the Western Interstate Commission of Higher Education(WICHE).  Students who are residents of a WICHE state are able to attend college in another state at a reduced tuition rate (150% of the resident tuition).

WICHE states include: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.

* Hawaii residents may only apply for the WUE at four-year colleges and universities. 

To be eligible for the WUE, you must be a resident of a WICHE state listed above. Some schools also have additional requirements such as SAT/ACT scores and GPA.  Check with the college/university for their requirements and deadlines. 

To apply for the WUE, there is no official application form.  You may indicate that you want to be considered for the program by checking off a box or indicating it on the college/university application of the school you desire. 

For general information:
Telephone: (303) 541-0270
Student Exchange Programs
Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
P.O. Box 9752
Boulder, CO  80301-9752 

Middle School

High School

College Years